Sunday 2 September 2012

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie in the heart of KL


Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie in the heart of KL


Finally, I made my way to this bakery and after postponing for so many times in a year. A bakery which was started by a chocolate company, Beryls..everyone of my friends went and gave good feedback about this place. So, really took this opportunity to go with my family and really check this place out. Okay, where is this?Everyone said its in the heart of KL,but where?The city of KL is like my playground but I have never actually saw Levain. Okie, google map time...indeed situated in the heart of my playground but hiding in those old bungalow structure within KL. Okie, its in Jalan Delima.


I pretty like the concept in this bakery. The bakery was very French based as u can see it from the bakery's name itself. Their recipes were also very French with the incorporation of the latest design and trends of cakes and bread. 



This bakery is also very famous for its macaroons. They are indeed not as sweet as the ones I have tasted in various bakeries but taste wise the macaroons are pretty normal. For some adventurous macaroons lovers, you can give the durian flavour a try..*wink*


Bought myself some too. The more you buy, the cheaper it goes. It starts from RM3.60 from 1-5 pieces, then RM3.30 from 6 pieces onward. 

Since I was there for lunch, 

Seafood pizza

This is way better than many local pizza outlets. WHY? The crust was well risen and the texture was fluffy. Since it is seafood pizza, Levain was indeed very lavish in the amount of seafood = prawns and squids and flaky tuna. All fresh ingredients. Of course, well topped with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.


Tomato turkey Ham Ficelle Sandwich

This was not that bad, i love the bread which is baked with the right amount of crisp on the crust and topped with generous amount of poppy seeds. Another thing I like about this sandwich was the turkey ham. Although it is pretty salty, but the combines wonderfully with the crispy salad and sliced tomatoes and of course with the bread or shall i call the the french baguette.


Beef curry spaghetti

I thought this was a combination of Malaysian and Italian cuisine. Nope, it wasnt!! The beef curry was very Japanese like and the curry was thick at the right consistency. It coats the spaghetti perfectly. Improvement wise, i supposed the beef can either be all sliced thinly or minced rather than a mixture of different sizes. The spaghetti was a little bit on the overcooked side. It is a very nice dish on its own.


Iced Cafe Latte

This I supposed would be some ordinary cafe latte. Very normal and acceptable. I cannot expect this bakery to Ace everything in their foods and drinks.

Dessert


Mont Blanc

Ahh...this is one dessert which I feel can be improved. Dessert like this which has several layers can actually provide identity in two ways. First way = each layer should have their slight significant taste which allow them to stand on their own without combining them with the other layers. Second way = To have its WOW taste when all the layers are combined together.

As I was going through the layers, one by one, the layers does not seem to be able to stand alone. I which they could actually. As I tried all the layers in a combination, there is this significant taste which I like but the WOW factor was not there. 

The next time around, I am definitely going to try out the Tiramisu.

For those who are new to Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie, it is situated in

No.7, Jalan Delima (Behind Noble banquet)
Off Jalan Imbi
55100 KL
03-2142-6611




2 comments:

  1. i was there too on Sunday morning, we have the omelette and some sandwich which is very nice.Love the place, will visit again next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the foods was pretty good..yesh would definitely go back to try others

      Delete